Are you a skilled Surgeon who has a desire to work for a growing optical company? Do you enjoy working with people, have a passion for what you do and want to make a difference?
Vision Group (Lasik Vision Institute) is looking for a Refractive Surgery Surgeon-Ophthalmologist who will is responsible for performing corneal refractive surgery procedures for appropriate candidates within our Carmel, IN location.
• Participate in screening process for potential refractive surgery candidates.
• Provide afterhours/emergency care as needed for post-operative refractive surgery patients.
• Participate in all credentialing activities as required by QMAC rules and regulations.
• Observation of all clinical standard operating procedures approved by Medical Advisory Board.
• Maintain active licensure in all states where performing corneal refractive surgery. Maintain vendor Certification on all equipment needed to perform corneal refractive surgery for specific procedures that privileges are granted.
• Maintain professional liability insurance minimally in the amounts of $1,000,000/$3,000,000
• Responsible for quality of patient care including the oversight of all quality assurance metrics provided by the clinical services department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Current non-restricted licensure to practice Ophthalmology
• Current, relevant and substantial knowledge of areas related to corneal refractive surgery and all procedures performed at the practice.
• Demonstrate ability to work effectively as part of a team, in collaborative setting.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Understand and is committed to maintaining highest level of confidentiality.
• Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to staff and to build the trust and respect of patients, staff, colleagues and external contracts.
• Excellent problem-solving skills required, including resourcefulness, timelines, and technical knowledge related to analyzing and resolving Medical/Administrative problems.
Education and/or Other Requirements
M.D./D.O. AND BOARD CERTIFIED/ELIGIBLE